Great Coffee Moments Start @ Home
One of my biggest mottos is “Great Coffee Moments Start at Home,” so I wanted to share this little recipe for you coffee junkies who are always on the go, but never really have time for breakfast (and for you guys & gals who feel you deserve a midday treat 😛 ).
Chocolate Coffee Mug Cake:
I found this recipe a while back, but of course mine is modified a bit to enjoy with coffee. I like to add coffee that fits the “chocolate” profile, but add whatever your fave coffee is. If you are the most basic home chef, you should have all of the ingredients right in your pantry.
- 50g dark chocolate
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 4 tablespoons prepared coffee
- Melt the butter and chocolate in a double boiler. Set aside to cool.
- Add flour, ground cinnamon and sugar to a small mixing bowl, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly. Pour in the milk and mix well. Add the melted chocolate, and prepared coffee and mix again.
- Pour the mixture into a large microwavable coffee mug. Microwave for 2 minutes on medium, 1 minute on high. It should be cooked (skewer test comes out with moist crumbs), but still a lil moist. Remember, it will continue to cook while standing.
- Allow to cool a little, eat up, and enjoy with your favorite brew!
If you want, you can even heat up a little extra chocolate to drizzle over the top of the cake. I’ve even enjoyed mine with a nice cigar from time to time. You literally transition between these two in five minutes! YUM!